noise in the rear cabin

For all those DF1200 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
marco
Your Country: Italy, Lignano

noise in the rear cabin

Post by marco »

in the rear cabin of my DF 1200 is not possible to sleep when cruising under engine. The noise level is quite high inside the cabin. The engine compartment has been partially soundproof by the factory with absorbing material. However this does not help much. Did anyone of you solved the noise problem in the rear cabin conveniently?
Oscar
Your Country: USA, North East

Post by Oscar »

On another boat I had the same problem. Ear plugs.
1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Re: noise in the rear cabin

Post by Double Horizon »

marco wrote:in the rear cabin of my DF 1200 is not possible to sleep when cruising under engine. The noise level is quite high inside the cabin. The engine compartment has been partially soundproof by the factory with absorbing material. However this does not help much. Did anyone of you solved the noise problem in the rear cabin conveniently?
I don't know if it's possible to solve this problem. Even if you added to the sound-proof material at the aft end of the engine compartment, and closed off all gaps (around steering cables, exhaust, rudder down-haul, wiring) you still would face the issues of prop vibration and an exhaust line that runs beneath the starboard aft berth.

I think the simple answer is to have the off-watch crew sleep in the forward areas, unless you can sail.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
dsg_c1
Your Country: united states snohomish, wa

Post by dsg_c1 »

my daughter seems to be able to sleep just fine back in her princess room!!!
d
d

DF1200 GAVITRON