Dragonfly for passages

For all those DF1200 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
JoeClark
Your Country: New york

Dragonfly for passages

Post by JoeClark »

Hi,

We're wondering about the suitability of a Dragonfly 1200 for extended passages. The 3500lb or so payload is in the ballpark with other boats we're considering. The promo material claims offshore capability, but that can mean many things. Has anyone done extended cruising on one of these? How do the hinges/folding mechanisms hold up?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f48 ... 48200.html
dsg_c1
Your Country: united states snohomish, wa

Post by dsg_c1 »

the dragonfly 1200 that i bought 4 months ago came from portugal and now resides on the west coast of the USA. the previous owner sailed it solo most of the time - pretty impressive. the biggest weather i have had it in thus far is 2M swells and 30 knot winds - it was very stable and easy to handle in that weather, but i have only had it for 4 months - planning on a trip to hawaii and back in the next 2 years.
d
d

DF1200 GAVITRON
enkai74
Your Country: Australia

Post by enkai74 »

dsg_c1 wrote:the dragonfly 1200 that i bought 4 months ago came from portugal and now resides on the west coast of the USA. the previous owner sailed it solo most of the time - pretty impressive. the biggest weather i have had it in thus far is 2M swells and 30 knot winds - it was very stable and easy to handle in that weather, but i have only had it for 4 months - planning on a trip to hawaii and back in the next 2 years.
d
Congrats!
How does she sail? what kind of comfortable speeds did you reach at 30knots?
Figuring it out as I go,
Nico