replacement nets

For issues which concern all or several type of DFs and which DO NOT fit into any category below!
jscollins111
Your Country: USA , Maryland

replacement nets

Post by jscollins111 »

I am replacing my nets on my 1000 and am thinking of switching to the dynamee 1" open net. It is a little more expensive, it will not look line the originals, and it will be wetter. I think the kids will like it wetter and I want to see the water rushing by. If I ever take a big wave it will be less stress on the boat and when I fold the boat up they will be easier to handle and I will be able to see the water stays. When I purchased the boat, the previous owner folded the boat to pull it out of the water for inspection and one of the water stays punctured the hull. I always triple check that they are bending properly and not putting pressure on the hulls. Does anybody have any input?
JC
EarthBM
Your Country: USA, So Cal -- So Florida

Post by EarthBM »

The single best safety upgrade I think.

Etienne at ATN sized a polyester open mesh for my 35. Somewhat tricky with the bolt rope hull attachment, needs those individual sliders.
Ivan -- DF 35 #29 "Lykke"
TC
Your Country: USA, Sedro-Woolley

Information

Post by TC »

I looked into the ATN, but did not like the system nor the cost. So, went my own route.

Suggest you check out the nets section in: https://skeelsrinehart.blogspot.com/201 ... art-2.html

There is a section on nets.

Also, there is some loosing weight info, with net replacement here: http://dragonfly-trimarans.org/phpBB/vi ... .php?t=779
TC

Formerly of:
Strider
DF 1000 #17
EarthBM
Your Country: USA, So Cal -- So Florida

Post by EarthBM »

Thanks!

I wanted the Net-sys dyneema nets, but just don’t have the skills/time to saw/lash/design the perimeter properly. ATN makes a finished product in the right dimensions/geometry, ready to install.
Ivan -- DF 35 #29 "Lykke"
Christian
Your Country: Sweden, Nacka

More nets

Post by Christian »

According to pictures it looks like the DF1000 has triangular nets in front, front of front beam. Has anyone mounted triangular nets in front on a DF920?

Will the safety wire be strong enough? And the mounts? Which modifications has to be done?

Think it would be nice with front nets too / Christian
Mika Harju
Your Country: Finland, Turku

Re: More nets

Post by Mika Harju »

If anyone needs Cad or PDF drawings of DF1000 nets just ask. I do not have those front triangular nets on mine.
Mika Harju
DF1000 Racing #8
Steve B.
Your Country: USA, Whidbey Island WA

Original Aft Net for DF 1000

Post by Steve B. »

I recently replaced my original nets and have one original new aft net which has always been stored indoors.
It's in perfect condition and has never been mounted.
If interested please email me.
jsbond@whidbey.com

Steve B.