Insurance

For issues which concern all or several type of DFs and which DO NOT fit into any category below!
RichardB
Your Country: Perth

Insurance

Post by RichardB »

In preparation for purchase of a secondhand DF, I have been investigating insurance. I am in the UK. One insurer has quoted at what I feel is a reasonable price, but 3 have declined to quote, even when I excluded racing.

Has anyone else struggled to get insurance, or is it only me?

Richard
Richard
Martin W
Your Country: UK, Solent

Re: Insurance

Post by Martin W »

RichardB wrote:In preparation for purchase of a secondhand DF, I have been investigating insurance. I am in the UK. One insurer has quoted at what I feel is a reasonable price, but 3 have declined to quote, even when I excluded racing.

Has anyone else struggled to get insurance, or is it only me?

Richard
Hi Richard, my wife and I have recently become the proud owners of Chiara, 920 no. 75, via the ads on the forum. We therefore have recent experience of the insurance market. It is indeed quite hard to get a quote. However, we got our insurance through WH insurance, dinghyinsurance.com which is run by a multihull sailor. The quote was very reasonable, only a bit more than our XOD dayboat, worth a fraction of the cost of a DF. I cannot recommend them highly enough.